We tend to spend much money for our skin beaty, and sometimes, we don’t see positve results. Sometimes, we end up damaging our skins in a bid to lighten it or make it glow. Same applies to your hair. Many of the hair products out there don’t live up to their promises.
There are many things we tend to overlook when it comes to beauty. We tend to only value the expensive products that may not be effective more than the cheap and effective products. What if you find out that you can maintain perfect beauty without spending much? Yes, you can. Rice water can do the magic for you. Rice water is one of the main ingredients of your beauty proudcts. In this post, I will teach you how to use rice water for hair and skin.
What Is Rice Water?
Rice water is simply the water that remains after washing rice before eating. To bring out most of its its benefits, it can be fermented, diluted, or concentrated.
What Type Of Rice Is Proper To Be Used For Hair and Skin
You can use any rice you have at home. Brown, white long grain, white short grain, jasmine etc. can all be used for this purpose.
How to use rice water for washing your hair
- wash your hair with shampoo.
- rinse thoroughly with water from the tap.
- pour rice water onto their hair.
- Use the rice water to massage into the hair and scalp.
- leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Use warm water from tap to rinse your hair thoroughly.
How to Prepare Rice Water to Support Hair and Skin Health
Here are how to use rice water for hair and skin:
Method 1: Using boiled rice water to promote healthy skin and hair growth
Prepare rice as usual but add two to three times as much water as you would use normally to create a concentrate of rice water that you may use all week as a diluted face wash or hair rinse.
Strain the rice after it has finished cooking. The water that remains will be a clear white color and will be highly rich in nutrient. Don’t use it at full concentration though. Instead, create an almost milk-like mixture by adding a few teaspoons of this concentrated rice water to a cup of clean water.
Use this diluted mixture to wash your face or treat your hair. You can keep the remaining concentration for up to a week if you want. But you need pour it in a sealed container and keep in the refrigerator.
Method 2: The no-boil quick method
If you want to extract rice water quickly and don’t want to deal with diluting and storing, take two cups of water and soak a half cup of rice in it for 15 minutes. Strain the rice and use the water to wash your face, hair, or both.
Method 3: Fermented rice water
Fermented rice water is considered to be particularly beneficial for hair due to the pH change that occurs during the fermentation of the rice water. This fermentation brings the rice water brings the pH of the rice water more closely to the natural pH of the hair, causing the release of a chemical called pitera that helps to promote cell regeneration.
Though the method making it requires a few extra steps, but the outcome is definitely worth it.
How to prepare fermented rice water
Prepare rice water using the no-boil quick method described above, then ferment it by letting it sit in a jar at room temperature for one to two days. The fermentation process usually takes less time in warmer climates).
When you notice a slightly sour smell emanating from the fermented rice water, stop the fermentation by pouring it in a sealed container and store in the refrigerator. You can use it for skin toning or for rinsing your hair.
It is preferable to dilute fermented rice water with 1-2 cups of warm water before using it because it is very potent.
Use rice water to wash your face every night before bed time and use it to rinse your hair no more than once or twice a week. It works just like a deep conditioner, so use it sparingly as a little goes a long way.
The interesting thing is that the benefits last for a long period of time even after it has been washed away, so you can wash and rinse as usual without worrying about unattractive buildup.
Here are few more tips you need to know:
-To produce a face wash or body wash, mix rice water with your face and body cleanser.
– You can reduce the size of your skin’s pores by using rice water as a natural alternative to your toner. Simply apply a small amount of rice water to your face and massage it for a few minutes. Your skin will feel soft, tight, and radiant after daily application.
– You can also incorporate a few drops of essential oils for skincare into it as part of your moisturizing face mask.
– Rinsing your hair with rice water make it shine and keeps it healthy and strong. Pour the rice water on your hair after shampooing. Leave it on for four to five minutes while giving your scalp and hair a gentle massage. After that, thoroughly rinse your hair with plain water. Use it as a last rinse once or twice each week.
If you want to cleanse, unwind, and revitalize your body, add rice water to bath soaks. Half a cup of rice should be placed in a tiny muslin bag, which should then be submerged in water and let to soak in the tub.
– Use the leftover rice from creating rice water to make a body scrub. You can add a few drops of your preferred essential oil when making the scrub.
Grind the rice, combine it with 1 or 2 teaspoons of each olive oil and lemon juice, and then rub the mixture into your skin to exfoliate and nourish it.
Originally posted 2022-11-16 18:03:57.