When you’re looking to lose weight, it can be overwhelming to think about all of the things that are standing in your way. There’s so much more to losing weight than just eating better, working out and getting enough sleep. If you really want to lose weight and keep it off, you need a plan that will help you get there over time.
The first step to losing weight is to make a plan. A weight loss plan can be as simple as keeping a food diary, or it can be as complex as following a strict diet and exercise plan.
The key is to make a plan that will help you lose the weight you want. Once you’ve made your plan, you need to stick with it for at least three months before you decide if it’s working for you or not.
If after three months of following your diet plan, you haven’t lost any weight, then it’s time to try something else. There are many diets out there that work for some people but not others because everyone has different bodies and lifestyles. A good rule of thumb is that if your diet makes you feel sick or tired all the time then it’s probably not the right one for you. Just remember that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Start with a realistic goal for weight loss. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that adults should not lose more than 1 to 2 pounds per week. If you’re losing more than that, you might be overdoing it.
If you need to lose weight quickly, aim for 1/2 to 1 pound per week. A safe rate of weight loss is 1 pound per week or less.
A good way to measure weight loss is to keep track of your body mass index (BMI). BMI is a number calculated from your height and weight, and it’s used as an indicator of obesity. Calculate your BMI here.
Also read: Chinese Herbs for Weight Loss
Instant weight loss
Twelve (12) things you are expected to do if you desire to lose weight
If you are overweight, or your BMI is in the healthy range, but higher than what you’d like it to be, try these strategies to lose weight:
- Increase exercise levels gradually over time; start with 10 minutes of light physical activity a day and gradually increase the amount of time spent exercising as well as the intensity level until you reach 30 minutes daily. For example, walk at least two miles a day at varying intensities (for example, brisk walking or jogging).
- Eat fewer calories by eating smaller portions or choosing foods lower in fat and sugar content.
- Eat breakfast every day. Start the day with a healthy breakfast to give your body the energy it needs for the day ahead.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and plant chemicals that can improve health. You can check out our article on fruit smoothies , why it is an important diet to consider.
- Eat less sugar and processed foods. If sugar is added to a food product, try to find one without added sugar or with the least amount of sugar possible. Read Weight loss diet low carb for more information.
- Limit alcohol intake to one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men (four drinks per week). Excessive alcohol consumption can increase the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver disease, stroke and some cancers.
- Drink water instead of sugary beverages like soda pop or sweetened iced tea.
- Make sure you’re eating enough food.
- Eat more protein-rich foods like eggs, chicken and fish. Read up Weight loss diet eggs
- Get plenty of sleep each night so your body has time to rest and repair itself from the day’s stresses.
- Exercise regularly, even if it’s just walking around the neighborhood or taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work.
- Reduce your intake of alcoholic drinks or carbonated drinks.
Do not expect to lose weight overnight. It’s a gradual process that requires both exercising, eating the right food and good lifestyle. As a matter of fact, it is not right to lose much weight in a day. This is why following a good weight loss plan is very important. Aim at losing half to 2 pounds at max weekly.
Originally posted 2022-06-19 03:59:34.